Tuesday, January 13, 2015

6 word memoir

I'm a just good enough student

So this might be a six word memoir, but "I'm a just good enough student" is something I actually say a lot.  And in order to make the visual for this, all I had to do was hand my phone to my roommate and asked her to take a picture of me trying to study.  Obviously I wasn't really sleeping, but that doesn't mean I wasn't resting my eyes a few minutes earlier.

I'm a pretty good student; I go to class, study, participate, and turn things on time.  But at the same time, I do all those things...just good enough.  I work hard, but I could work harder.  I study, but I could study more.  But I don't because I'm a just good enough student.  

I might not give this example as a teacher for my students, but I think this is an assignment that we could have students of any age work on.  This is my third time doing one of these in college, and when I asked my roommate to take my picture for the six word memoir, she said she did the same thing in sixth grade.  It works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment